Is he a true Araucana roo?????

PhlyinPheBee

Poodles, Chicken, Goats--OH MY!!
10 Years
Mar 11, 2009
Northeast Louisiana
This is my flock roo. He is about 7 months old. is he a true full blood???

24794_mvc-001s.jpg

24794_mvc-018s.jpg

Since he is rumpless, he is from an araucana breeding. I'm not sure what you mean by 'is he true full blood'. That would depend what his parents were.

I have no idea whether he is true breed or not, BUT HE IS SO GORGEOUS, I just had to comment!
CJ

His legs are a lot longer than my roosters are. He's not tufted so you would need a tufted hen for him. He's really a pretty rooster, where did he come from? Any chance for some game type in him?

Here is my clean faced rooster Rudy, for comparison
8809_rudy20feb10_03.jpg

And my tufted rooster Degas - his tufts are hard to see in this pic, they're just now growing back in.

8809_degus.jpg

Well I ordered 7 birds for a man that said they were true. the only pullet so does not look like any of the pic I have seen and has yellow legs. Also they were all to have been pullets and it turned out to be 6 out of 7 roo's.

How old is your rooster? Maybe he's just young and needs to fill out. Eggbid no longer exists so that is good but it always pays to be careful. There is a man in SW Missouri I would not deal with again. I've learned to go with breeders who have good reputations and to learn as much as you can so you can make the best possible decisions then understand that most breeders are only selling their culls. A few will sell show birds after they have been shown but they are going to really cost a lot. Show bird doesn't mean they are great breeders though. It's just a challenging breed to deal with and only for the very patient.

Back
Top Bottom