Is he an Ameracauna roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by QuailQT, Nov 9, 2009.

1. QuailQT

QuailQT Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2009
    NW PA
    1. [​IMG]

Also, what about these others?
    2. My mystery hen [​IMG]
    3. Mystery roo (in middle and mystery hen on left.)
    [​IMG]

Appreciate any help!

2. Namble

Namble Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    North Florida
    The first pic looks like a rooster all right. But not sure what breed.

3. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    None are Ameraucana.

#2 might be a Buttercup?

#3 look like Easter Eggers

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  4. roostercruiser

roostercruiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2009
    Reelsville, IN
    Look like mutts.

5. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Quote:I agree- can't get the little pics to get bigger [​IMG]

6. kellykate

kellykate Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Yarmouth, Maine
    #2 looks like a Campine -- but the picture is small. Pretty birds though! [​IMG]

7. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:I agree- can't get the little pics to get bigger [​IMG]

I agree.

8. QuailQT

QuailQT Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2009
    NW PA
    #2 looks like a Campine -- but the picture is small. Pretty birds though!

Thanks! I think that she's very pretty too.
    I googled a "Campine" and she really does look like a Golden campine. That is why I love this website. There are so many people with so much knowledge and they are all willing to help others. It is so awesome! [​IMG]

I'm going to go take some better pictures right now and will post soon. The chickens in the pictures that I posted are from an auction that I attended last week. I probably won't buy chickens like that again, but I wanted some chickens in the *WORST* kind of way! The bad thing about the auction is that you're bringing home bad things from another flock (realize that now in 20/20 hindsight) and it is too hard to really look them over when they only hold one up from each box). "Cammy" (I'm going to name her that now) had watery eyes and sounded like she was clogged up a bit. I brought her in the house, warmed her up and put some eaucalyptus oil in some hot steaming water next to her pen and that seemed to do the trick, though I'm worried about the possibility of her infecting my others. I have her in a separate pen right now and the other two that were in the same box aren't showing any signs of sickness, so I'm hoping that maybe it was just the ride to the auction (maybe they had the box in the back of a truck or something?) and the stress made her upset? Anyone have that experience before? I read where chickens don't typically get colds and that they should be culled if they get sick, because even if they get better, they can still carry the disease. I hate to do that though if it just was from the ride. What should I do?

Also, do you treat your newbies with anything before introducing them to your flock for worms or such? I have some Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth that I'm going to mix in with their food (I read to mix 1#DE/50# feed) and I'm also going to sprinkle it on their pen floor. Anything else that I should do?
    Thanks all! I'll post better pics in a few....
    I truly appreciate the help!​

9. natkev

natkev Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2009
    Central Coast
    ones a rooster an easter egger

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by