Is he an Easter Egger?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LittleFarmInWV, Feb 23, 2012.

1. LittleFarmInWV

LittleFarmInWV Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2011
    [​IMG]

This beautiful boy is a real sweetie and a lap chicken. Just wondering if anyone knew what breed he was. He was a Murray McMurray "rare" chick that is now 24 weeks old. I have been calling him an Easter Egger but some people have said he is a Hamburg or Ameraucana. I know people say true Ameraucanas aren't available from the hatcheries so just wanting to see what everyone thinks he is.
    Thanks!
    Jennyerin

2. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Your information was correct: you cannot get Ameraucanas from hatcheries yet. Hopefully someday hatcheries will label their stock correctly so as not to confuse people. You have yourself a very pretty EE boy :)

3. LittleFarmInWV

Jul 30, 2011
    Here is another shot of him.
    [​IMG]

4. LittleFarmInWV

Jul 30, 2011
    Thank you! That's what I thought. I have 3 Easter Egger girls laying blue eggs and wanted to hatch some chicks but wanted to know for sure before I hatched any :) He is the best free chicken I've ever had :)

5. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    EE for sure. He's a beaut!

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

My EE rooster is the dominant rooster in the flock. He's wonderful with the ladies and respectful of me. And as gorgeous as is yours. Mine is also a TALL rooster - very manly, but with a soft nature, especially with his favorite hen. They groom each other, dust bathe together, and he doesn't mind if she refuses his Wing Dance Advances. (He just finds a willing hen.. But loves her the most. She is always on the roost next to him at night.)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by