Is he mille fleur d uccle or Booted bantam?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by pidgey104, Jan 16, 2009.

1. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    I have a pair I got them as chicks

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  2. sandypaws

sandypaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    desert of calif
    i thought "MILLE FLEUR" is a COLOR,, not a breed..

i have millefleur d uccle,, that looks similar to mine, but that rooster has allot of white...
    someones else will have a better answer

3. briarpatchfarms

briarpatchfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    there is duccles and booted bantams and yours is a booted the is no beard and he doesnt look full mille fleur either it look half mille fleur and half golden neck

4. Renee

Renee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    CALIFORNIA
    "Mille fleur" means a thousand flowers in French. It's a color in chickens, and it occurs in many breeds.
    Nevertheless, Mille Fleur is a common name for d'uccles, because they often come in this color.

That's a beautiful pair of chickens!

5. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    oh well I was hoping they were pure blooded. But I still love them. their one of my prettys birds I have. And I love the color they came out as. I bought them up at an Auction for 60 Cents each.

6. briarpatchfarms

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    there pure blood but i would have to see them in person to tell the might be mille fleur with to much white in them though i would have to see them...

7. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    Quote:I'm curious how you figure he's a millie-gold neck cross?

pidgey - what you've got are the booted bantams. they have a slighty different build to them and lack the muff feathers entirely. They are not nearly as common as the d'uccle.

8. briarpatchfarms

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    golden necks are red with white tips on there feathers and there is a lot of buff red and to much white

9. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    Quote:that is a good point, however its my opinion that he is nothing more than a lightly colored millie fluer. reason being is that a golden neck is nothing more than a millie fluer with a shot of the dominant white gene. however, he may have some gold neck in him but lacks the proper gene for the dominant white yet retained some sort of modifiers that lighten his overall color. always fun trying to figure this sort of stuff out eh?[​IMG]

10. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    It's hard to tell with only that one pic being supplied. Here is a pic of my Mille Fluer d'Uccle, so that will help you be the judge as to what he is.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by