is he or isnt he? silver duckwing...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by spish, Jan 14, 2011.

1. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    what colour would this little roo be classed as? i thought he was silver duckwing but it doesnt look quite right....could it be because he is still young? on another forum they said he was birchen, but i thought that was black with silver flecks round the neck, not sold white/silver band and colours on the body?

[​IMG]

and with his dad.....a gold duckwing EE

[​IMG]

and his brother..gold duckwing like the dad?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Hes a Golden Duckwing.

Silver Duckwing has NO red or gold on it whatsoever.

Golden Duckwing has creamy yellow to nearly bleach white with gold and red shoulders, like your boys are getting.

I'm guessing you had a silver duckwing mother? Golden Duckwing x Silver Duckwing hen = golden duckwing males, silver duckwing females.

3. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    nope no silver duckwing mothers here, im guessing their mother was a small white bantam sized chicken i had running round last year (she was my only small hen at the time, all the rest were big normal sized hens) these two guys are a bit on the small side [​IMG]

edit - i have a pic of her somewhere, gonna see if i can find it [​IMG]

edit 2 - found one! [​IMG]

4. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    it's an incomplete lemon/creme golden duckwing... that hen looks like a wheaton... the blond feathers means it has the dilute gene...

edit... he also has some silver gene in him... if he turns into this...

[​IMG]

he is a salmon... that's a silver duckwing with an orange patch on the shoulders and a bit on the back feathers... i don't know what they're called... hackles...??

5. jason_mazzy

jason_mazzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    just a cross. definately not a silver. but not as full blown as a true golden either.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by