Is Ideal still open?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by chicken_crazy93, Dec 12, 2010.

1. chicken_crazy93

chicken_crazy93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2010
    Mascot
    I understand they're one of our sponser's so I decided to check their website out. I've been wantin a few BB Reds & it said they had them & would ship by the 12th of this month so I emailed them to get some prices includin shippin but no one has replied back & that was three days ago. Are they still open?

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:I tried calling them the other day during business hours and all I got was a recording. I left my number for a return call...no return call yet.

3. chicken_crazy93

Oct 24, 2010
    Mascot
    Huh.... well, what do ya think a feller ought to do? My buddy already gave me his money as we were gonna split a batch & he's already moved some of his big stock chickens around, got his brooder ready & so have I. I emailed em again right before I did my nightly chores tonight & I wouldn't think anybody would reply back till tomorrow. I thought I'd give em til Wednesday, whatcha think? If I don't hear nothin by then I'll just give my buddy's money back to him & we'll just have to wait till spring I guess. I don't know.

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:Sounds like a plan.

5. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I split an order of chicks with my friend last week. Since we are in Oklahoma, it only takes a day to get here. I called and got through after trying several times. They said my order had shipped, but from another hatchery. Since it came from another hatchery they didn't email me to let me know they had shipped. It took 2 days to get here from New Mexico. I'd keep trying to get through to someone. Don't call before 9, after 3 or between 11-1 (Central time) I didn't even get a machine then.

They are open, but I don't know why they are shipping from Privett. Seems like they should tell us when we order. [​IMG] They are known for their customer service, but it seems like a lot of people have been having problems lately. Do a search on here for Ideal. [​IMG]

Shelly

6. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    My understanding is that the patriarch of the family business passed suddenly recently. I think they're trying to keep things moving and are dealing with some complications, but they are known for their customer care, so I would be patient. It's a hard season for them, I'd imagine.

7. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Quote:I thought it had to be something. That is awful. They've always had such good customer service in the past.

Shelly

8. idealpoultry

idealpoultry Official BYC Community Sponsor

Sep 25, 2007
    Cameron, TX
    From Your Friends at Ideal Poultry -

We are open for business and getting ready for the Spring Season. We did just integrate a new phone system and internet provider. If you are not receiving timely responses, please email us as it may be a problem that we are unaware of. We hope you look to us as your supplier of your next poultry order. Thank you.

Ross Windham
    Ideal Poultry

9. chicken_crazy93

Oct 24, 2010
    Mascot
    I just got an email from them: "I apologize for the late response. I answer all emails and was out on Friday of last week. We are currently not hatching the Black Breasted Red Old English. We will be hatching them again in the Spring of 2011. You can call us in mid January at 1-800-243-3257 Option 2 to place your order. Thank you."

Ross Windham

Ideal Poultry Breeding Farms Inc.

1-800-243-3257 Ext. 5568

254-697-2393 FAX

www.idealpoultry.com

10. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm PA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Collins, Arkansas
    Quote:Ideal is like a lot of us. They are dealing with family issues, winter, shorter daylight hours and more. They have always answered my questions in a professional way. Good to see Ross come on here and respond publicly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by