Is It A Coturnix Or Bobwhite????? ( Whats Your Vote! ) *PICS*

Discussion in 'Quail' started by BirdBoy88, Sep 23, 2008.

1. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Ok here are some more pics of the mystery quail..lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  2. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    My guess is a Texas A&M (white Coturnix)

3. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    That's one vote so far on the Coturnix..make that 2 because i think it's a Coturnix as well [​IMG]

Coturnix - 3

Bobwhite - 0

4. chickmamawannabe

chickmamawannabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Canby, Or-y-gun
    Yeah, it looks like a coturnix to me, too.

5. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    The beak is definitely coturnix... you must have gotten a throwback, Mark! I don't have any of these... give it back!

j/k [​IMG]

6. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

The beak is definitely coturnix... you must have gotten a throwback, Mark! I don't have any of these... give it back!

j/k [​IMG]

hahaha how odd is that.. and i know you prolly wanted some white coturnixs to??

this could have been your flock starter​

7. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble ...

[​IMG] No, that's ok. I have Jumbos from Sam now, and I really like the goldens better than the whites. [​IMG] I like that patch of brown, though... character! [​IMG]

8. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    LOL are you very very very very very very very sure????

She is so cute though.. when i take her out the brooder she creeps around making her little sounds and she never fly's i guess doesn't like to because the other coturnix if i take them out the brooder it's fly here and fly there and screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam! Lol

If only you knew witch coturnix hen laid that egg LOL

9. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    It is funny that you say that, because I have NEVER caught one of the quail laying an egg. Not the Buttons, not the coturnix, not the Bobwhites. The closest I've come is picking up a warm egg, but unless I put each hen in her own cage, I'll never know. [​IMG]

10. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

It is funny that you say that, because I have NEVER caught one of the quail laying an egg. Not the Buttons, not the coturnix, not the Bobwhites. The closest I've come is picking up a warm egg, but unless I put each hen in her own cage, I'll never know. [​IMG]

Lol yea it's funny how quails lay there eggs so fast but chickens it takes them a few minutes to first find the box they want then stand in the nest for a few seconds then set down then wait about 10 or 15mins then lay Lol

i haven't caught my button hens lay yet either ..they do it to fast for me to catch them​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by