Is it a little Silkie Roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mrsgibber, Apr 8, 2009.

1. mrsgibber

mrsgibber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    Hi everyone. I don't have a good picture of my little guy/girls comb yet but I have a feeling my little White Silkie is a roo. Here's why - what do you think?

*It’s the only one that will peck at my hand if I go in to pick someone up or just picking out their poo. The others just turn and run frantically.

*I know it’s early, but I’ve seen him try to get on the Easter Eggers back.

*He’s loud and always yelling at the others...very funny.

*I can also see he’s developing the little walnut comb now.

I am hoping I’m wrong cause we really adore him and want to keep him. I’m also hoping if I’m right he’ll be a good quiet boy so I can keep him anyway.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  2. mrsgibber

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    Bumpitie Bump

3. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    What does the poof on his head look like? Is it more round or more bycycle helmet like?

4. mrsgibber

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    Doesn't really have much of a poof I'd say. More like some hair standing on top it's head. He/she is only about 5 - 6 weeks old.

5. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Way to young to sex unless the he's pet quality as mine started crowing at this age and he came from Ideal.

Also too young for him to start mounting other hens. He/she was probably just showing them who's boss.

Pictures would help immensly.

6. mrsgibber

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    I'll post some tonight. I figured it was too soon but thought I'd throw it out there. Mine was hatched from a woman in my town who bred the Mama and Papa.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by