Is it a roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by deserthens, Jun 13, 2011.

1. deserthens

deserthens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2011
    Tucson, Arizona
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The one I'm wondering about is the white and black one. They all came from the pullet bin. Except for the rump of a Barred Rock, they are all are Easter Eggers.

2. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    Looks like a roo to me. Sorry!

3. Michie

Michie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2010
    San Antonio
    I'm guessing it's a light brahma, I have 3! These r very hard 2 tell early on! One of mine started showing "male" signs at about 7 weeks! Now @ 8 wks I see red waddles & red comb, whereas the girls don't have that! How old is yours??

4. deserthens

deserthens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2011
    Tucson, Arizona
    About 7-8 weeks old. Has a comb but no waddles. When it was younger it had a tiny muff like an Easter Egger so I am hoping it is an EE. Maybe EE & Brahma cross?
    If it turns out to be a roo I'm going to try to get the feed store to take it back since it was sold as a pullet & there is no way i can keep a roo in my neighborhood.

5. Michie

Michie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2010
    San Antonio
    I will take some pics of mine tomorrow so u can compare, that's the best way! Plus my males squeaks are getting deeper. It's a def. Different sound then the girls!!

6. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Brahmas wouldn't have a beard/muffs and would have feathered legs. This bird is looking like an EE roo to me. It looks like it's starting to develop saddle feathers.

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    EE and a roo.

8. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    looks like my 9 week old EE roo mix

[​IMG]