Is it bad to seperate my flock?

motherhenfran

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 25, 2014
Hi guys, I posted a thread a couple weeks back about a rooster box because I have a nagging neighbor. Looks like I might be losing this battle and have to unfortunately give up my roo. I have cried my eyes out over this and am trying to come to terms with it but I wanted to make sure it won't be bad for my girls to be separated from him. They've all been together with me since less than a week old. They're about 21 weeks now and they all get along and my roo keeps them in line and keeps them safe but I wanted to make sure they won't become depressed without him and get sick or have any other bahvioral/psychological issues. This might sound ridiculous to some but I love all my chickens and roo to death and I only want what is best for them. If that means back to the farm for my roo where no one will complain about his wonderful crows than I will do that but I wanted to make sure my girls won't suffer without him. Of course they will miss him and wonder where he is and look for him but I'm hoping after a few days to a week they will move on. Please let me know if any of you have had to deal with this and what happened to your girls after the boy was removed.

Thanks

****** ALSO ******

Will my too be ok if he's separated from the girls? I'd imagine out of any of my 5 girls and himself that's he'd bounce back the fastest..he would be going to the farm I got him from--they raise and breed chickens and also are an all organic farm and sell their produce to stores in the area. He will be free ranging and have plenty of room to move, girls to flirt with and space to crow so it will not be a bad place for him. He will be loved and will stay there forever until his last rooster days so I know he will be living a happy life :)

Back
Top Bottom