1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is it best to incubate chicken and duck eggs sepratly?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Fancie, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Fancie

Fancie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Illinois
    I won 30 or so Silkie eggs on auction and 6 muscovy eggs [​IMG]

I was gonna wait till next year to get ducks... but couldn't pass up 6 for $4!!! Kinda an impulse buy.... I got to quit looking at ebay!

Anyway, I can't wait to hatch my own babies... I have 3 incubators, I normally use one with turner for day one so they can settle from the trip/storage till they are ready to be incubated and then put them in the second incubator for incubating (it is hova elite 3000 (not really sure its name)... the one with the fan and automatic tempature and turner and the works) and than three days before the hatch I take the eggs out to place in the third incubator for the hatch. But I was thinking do chicks and ducks need to be incubated in diffrant incubators? My other ones are still air and I am not really suppose to have eggs, or chicks or anything in the house... so they are all in my garage which is okay heat control, but not perfect. I'm worried about putting any of the eggs under the still egg incubator..

advise besideds think these things threw before you get eggs next time.

2. Fancie

Fancie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Illinois
    sorry to bump.... but.... Anyone? Will it be okay to incubate them together.... or should I sneak an incubator into the house?

3. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Its best to incubate them seperate. Chicks need around 30-40% the first 18 days, and the last 3 days they need around 60-65% humidity.

Ducks need around 50-55% the first 25-26 days, and then need around 70-80% the last 3 days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by