Is it Halloween or are people extra crazy this weekend?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Steve_of_sandspoultry, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

We have an add going for jumbo pearl guinea's - simple enough right?

Sharon gets a call yesterday, first words of of the persons mouth, i'm calling about your add for guineas - do you have any chickens for sale? She says no I have guineas for sale, the person says but I really want chickens. Sharon hangs up on the person. They call right back and say oh we got disconnected, Sharon says no I hung up on you. I just about fell off the couch at that.

Then we get another call that wants to play 20 non related questions - do you work, do you go to church, etc etc etc. This was an older person so Sharon didn't hang up on them

We have a car for sale for $1200 - I get this call. Right from the start they say will you take $700 sight unseen. I just laughed at them

And the topper, at 11:30 last night - yes 11:30 at night. I get a call from a person wanting to buy some turkeys..... I bet their ears are still ringing. [​IMG]

Once again the old saying rings true.

"people is crazy"

Steve

2. Q9

Q9 General Headache

I sincerely pity you. And laugh. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

It would be more accurate to say "People is morons!" [​IMG]

3. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Quote:I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. LOL

Steve

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

WOW! I am glad I have stayed locked up in the house this weekend. Weirdness begins in about 4 hours.

5. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

You have somehow come into contact with the Moron Magnet and it is now drawing them to you like flies.
    I currently have one also. [​IMG]

6. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    I have one for you. This week I sold my 22 chicks I hatched out 3 weeks ago. One guy bought all 22, but after he bought them before I could get the ad updated, a woman called to ask about them I told her they were sold, then she proceeds to ask me why her hens are not laying. How do I know. She tells me that they are 6 months old and only getting 1 egg tells me what she feeds them etc. So to be nice I tell her to look for a hidden nest. No she said they always lay in the boxes. Now if they are noy laying how does she know if they lay in the nest boxes? So i tell her I really dont know. Then she tells me she is going to keep my number so she can call to ask more questions and to see if I am hatching again. Lucky me!

7. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Quote:Me too. My office is the last one on the right at the end of a hall. I think they get as far as they can before they stop and ask where the office is that they need. If a 'known moron' comes in, my staff gets real busy and looks over at me....

8. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    And the topper, at 11:30 last night - yes 11:30 at night. I get a call from a person wanting to buy some turkeys..... I bet their ears are still ringing

Next time I'll wait until after Midnight [​IMG]

9. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Quote:Sorry in advance but.... [​IMG]

You need to change your number! [​IMG]

10. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    And this is why I never leave my phone number!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by