Is it important to lay the eggs down when hatching??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KnightslilAngel, May 17, 2009.

1. KnightslilAngel

KnightslilAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Milford/Norwalk, CT
    I'm using an egg carton to turn my eggs. Tilting the eggs from side to side.
    this was because my eggs arrived with ruptured air cells.
    Now its day 26 and i've stopped turning them for a day now and i want to know if its safe to just keep them in the egg carton or should i lay them down???

one i cant lay down because the air cell hasn't reattached its self yet D:

but one of them i can see the baby trying to break through the air cell internally. Should i lay it down with the air cell slightly up? i think it might be rocking too. this is one of the smaller eggs and the other 2 look like they are going to be on time or a day late.
    The first one, who I've names Squigglee, is very active in there. i can see its feet moving on the bottom [​IMG]

Any information helpfull.
    Incubated them at 45 - 50 untill day 25 Let the humidity drop from time to time purposely to make sure the egg didn't absorb too much water. Temp from 95 - 99 now stable at 98 with 75 - 80 humidity :3

2. KnightslilAngel

Apr 14, 2009
    Milford/Norwalk, CT
    anyone have an answer? no? v.v

3. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
  4. KnightslilAngel

Apr 14, 2009
    Milford/Norwalk, CT
    Thankyou :3 i have one im keeping up and i layed the others, they have been laying for a while now so i dont want to mess them up if they have already positioned. but i wont be as worried when my next 2 hatch on the 31st.

Thankyou ^^

5. dancingbear

dancingbear Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    South Central KY
    What kind of eggs are you hatching? Normally turning is stopped 3 days prior to expected hatch.

6. KnightslilAngel

Apr 14, 2009
    Milford/Norwalk, CT
    Quote:Duck eggs and i did stop 3 days prior? day 25 i stopped, just didnt lay them down till yesterday. they are scheduled for tomorrow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by