Is it just me or are you crushed when you read an EGG post and

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by BethieofVA, Nov 8, 2010.

1. BethieofVA

BethieofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Yorktown, Virginia
    there is NO picture attached!!!![​IMG] I am such an egg junkie that I actually get ticked when someone writes my pullet laid a first, funny, HUGE, weird, odd, beautiful, green, blue, speckled and so on egg, but no picture is included. UGH!!!! I want to see your eggs. I love seeing your eggs. Please share with me your eggs, pretty please. Don't write a post if you have no picture or at least a drawing of your egg.[​IMG]

This post is intended to be light hearted, but I really do like it when a pic is posted. I know, I know, get over it Beth. Here is one of my eggs.

[​IMG]

2. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    here is a little one I got one day
    [​IMG]

My bantam aneraucana eggs
    [​IMG]

3. BethieofVA

Mar 27, 2010
    Yorktown, Virginia
    I love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. CoffeeCow

CoffeeCow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Washington, NC
    got my first egg the day before halloween, hopefully, you will like this pic [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. BethieofVA

Mar 27, 2010
    Yorktown, Virginia
    Quote:I love your pic. I think it is just funny when people talk about their eggs, but have no pic for whatever reason. It is like teasing and taunting to me, just cruel. LOL!!!!

6. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Makes me wish I still had Easter eggers.
    [​IMG]
    The three on the left are new girls, the third one was a hen given to me and fourth is a storebought egg for comparison.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  7. BWKatz

BWKatz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Columbia,SC
    Quote:Now that's just plain showing off... [​IMG]

8. RL

RL Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Oak Point, TX
    Here is a few pics of a large egg one of my hens laid this past Sunday. I don't know how much it weighed, but it was pretty darn heavy. I am thinking my Light Brahma laid it. She always has laid big eggs with huge yolks.

[​IMG]

Yes I know this one is upside down. it was taken and uploaded from my phone - don't know why it's upside down.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  9. Crickett B

Crickett B Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2010
    Blue Ridge Mountains
    That is one odd looking egg! Where is the pointy end?

10. RL

RL Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Oak Point, TX
    Quote:It is a bit of an odd looking egg. You can't really see it in the pic, but all around the middle of the egg is a line almost like two eggs -the pointy ends- were pushed and then fused together. I'll probably crack it open tonight and have look at the inside. It is weird looking, but it is going to make a great one egg omelette.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by