Is it legal to sale yard eggs

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by redstar14, Aug 14, 2013.

1. redstar14

redstar14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2013
    Is it legal to sale the eggs my backyard chickens lay without a permit

2. Sandyd

Sandyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    Depends on your state. Usually a state will have the same rules as the USDA. I can sell my eggs to people coming to the farm and buying them. I can also sell my eggs at the feed store in my own cartons with my own labels. I have a sign with a phone number and I have a msds sheet of the food safe disinfectant that I use to wash the eggs with. I do have to keep a record of the number of dozen I take in to the feed store and what is sold just in case a inspector wants to see it. My labels just say cage free natural eggs from G & S Farms. I do not have anything saying they are large or jumbo.

3. redstar14

redstar14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2013
    Thanks im just planning on saleing to friends and neighbors

4. wildrooster1

wildrooster1 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2013
    Oklahoma
    i sell eggs to everyone no problems here in Oklahoma,and in just regular egg cartons.

WildRoo1

5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Because the other adult is trusting that your eggs are safe. What if they aren't? How would you feel if groceries continued selling products that have been shown to cause illness--just because they are selling it to an adult?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by