1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is it me or am I crazy!?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Young Farmer, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Young Farmer

Young Farmer Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2012
    Bedford NH
    Hi guys/gals, Im sitting in my basement wating for ax men to start in an hour and I just got to thinking, am I crazy/weird?

Im 19 its sunday night and I have the house to my self for a week while the rest of my family is on vacation. I am not having a party there is a root beer in front of me and I am on BYC not facebook. Now Dont get me wrong I like to have fun I have freinds and we can get rowdy at times. However I like being at my house not out partying every day, all my friends call me cowboy or farm, my girl friend told me the other day that I am like an old man (I personaly take no offence to that and like talking to people older then me especially older farmers)

Now dont get me wrong im normal not deppresed this is ment to poke fun at my self more then anything but...

Am I weird. I feel like I should have been born in the past.

Any one else fee like that?

2. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Well, dude, if you are crazy, you are in good company![​IMG]

3. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    sounds like a great way to spend an evening to me!

4. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Good program choice, most of it is filmed in my neck of the woods and I know some of the owners of the companies personally. I am in the same business.

5. JD4570

JD4570 Chillin' With My Peeps

You sound like me at that age! I just wish I could go to the past, it was way simpler back then.

6. Young Farmer

Feb 22, 2012
    Bedford NH
    I am in the same business as well I started a landscape company with a land clearing division. Getting all the insurance was the hardest part. I have been back logged with work for months plus all my mowing in the spring summer and fall and plowing in the winter(well not this year) keeps me very busy. I would love to come log out west tough!

7. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

No worries! I've always felt that way and I've met many people who have felt the same. Just an old fashioned person in a new world body.

8. chickened

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Working in the rigging starts out at about 15.00 an hour and goes up with experience. Timber fallers make about 50.00 to 60.00 hour. I started in the woods as a timber faller 25 years ago when wages were 30.00 hr. I now own way too many pieces of equipment to cut myself buyt sometimes wish I still could just cut trees.

9. Young Farmer

Feb 22, 2012
    Bedford NH
    If i was not so swamped with work and have every thing (kinda) figured out here. I would pick up and go out west.

I love being old fashioned I get to do so many more cool things then these modern kids haha

10. chickened

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Well, if you ever get a notion to change jobs Columbia Helicopter has a tree cutting school that pays decent and trains you to boot.

I have camped out on many jobs when I was younger and worked all over the place and would not change a thing from the past concerning work.

You get in pretty good physical shape also and get to see a lot of pretty country.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by