Is it me or do predator attacks run in weekly cycles?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by woodmort, Sep 15, 2010.

1. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    A 5 weeks ago every other thread was about weasels, then raccoons, the next week coyotes, last week dogs and, apparently, this week's predator of choice is going to be hawks. As Arte used to say "Wery interesting".

2. WillieBoy

WillieBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    I don't know the answer to your question, but its raccoon week for me...! Found coon tracks all over
    the egg collection box on Mon., live trapped two coons by this am... Saw hawks around as well today...I sure hope its not a hawk and coon week for me...!

3. woodmort

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    Just check the number of new posts today--most are regarding hawk attacks. Weird.

4. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    wildlife in general have circuits they run kina like an old circuit preacher, some animals have larger circuits then others an old buck mink will take 4-6 weeks to get back to the same place on the planet mama mink and the babies might not take but 2-3 weeks . some animals find a food source they don't go far until the food source is gone.

5. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    I think it's just coincidence. Once one person has a predator problem and posts it, it starts a string of other posts from others who are having the same problem at the sametime. I bet if you post a problem with Fox raids whether it was true at the time or not, people would start threads about their fox attacks.

Just my two cents....

6. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

It seem EVERYTHING runs in cycles around here. Might not be anything to it, but it sure feels like it.

7. BloominOrchid

BloominOrchid Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Worcester Township
    Hawks here [​IMG]

8. Mortos

Mortos Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2010
    Choctaw
    Hawks and dirty rotten evil dachshunds here. Man I hate my neighbors chicken mutilating dogs and I am not a big fan of my neighbor either.

9. Hockeychick

Hockeychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2010
    Warren County, NJ
    Fox problem here. There is a young red tail hawk that lives pretty close to our house, but so far he hasn't done anything. We have lots of crows nearby as well, and they are great for chasing the hawks.

10. woodmort

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    At any rate, this is hawk week on BYC--let's see what next week brings.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by