Is It Normal for the Sound of My Rooster ?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ozarslan, Dec 29, 2012.

1. ozarslan

ozarslan Out Of The Brooder

Nov 22, 2012

Hi everyone,
    My rooster wheezing sounds when excited (8 seconds later is clear in video) goes calmed down. Feeding is normal and it is active . These sounds are normal?

2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Chickens do a kind of cooing sounds. And its normal. I think its normal but I'm no expert.

3. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

I'd say no. I have had a lot of roosters, and have never heard that. AND he is sneezing. I wouldn't go so far as giving a full out antibiotic yet. BUT I would get some VetRx from the farm store, it is in the chicken supplies, and put a few drops on his neck for several days. Its smells like you dumped a whole jar of vicks on them, but, it may help. If you notice snot/discharge from the nose, crust in the eyes, or bubbles in the eye, swelling in the face, it may be respiratory infection, in that case you will need antibiotics. Tylan 50, can get at most farm stores, 1/4 cc in the mouth or in the breast for bantams, 1/2 cc for standards. You can also get something called Aureomycin medicated crumbles, 1 cup for every 12 pounds of feed at the lower dosing end, or 1 cup for every 6 pounds of feed for the higher dosing end. Mixed well. LS 50, 1 teaspoon per gallon of water and tylan powder also 1 teaspoon for every gallon of water. The LS 50 and Tylan Powder you can use together, or not.

4. ozarslan

ozarslan Out Of The Brooder

Nov 22, 2012
    thanks for your answers, it is healty and active ,nose and eyes are clear ,only problem is breath.A my friend said ,something can be blok to neck and it try to throw out. but ı dont know .I will show to a vet ,asap.then I will write to result in here.
    see you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by