Is it ok to give poultry Pig grower?

thespeedyz

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 14, 2012
Zambia, Africa!
Ok I was at this agricultural store the other day here in Africa and I asked how other people get their broiler chickens so big (the white ones that grow in 6 weeks) & the woman told me some people give them pig grower. So I got this stuff called "Pigboost", which has "Vitamins, Minerlas, Amino Acids [Lysine & Methionine] & growth promoter [Olaquindox]" - do you think it would be ok to give it to the chickens & quails to help them get fatter? The stuff was real cheap K22,000 ($4.25) for 2KG and mixes with 4 bags of feed (200KG)

I don't think it would hurt. Chickens are really scavengers and they can eat just about anything. I am not at all familiar with what feeds are available in Africa, but I have raised several batches of the Cornish X meat chickens. Their amazing growth is due to genetics, but they must be fed properly for them to express their genetic potential. We feed turkey feed or broiler feed. It is high in energy and high in protein. Anything formulated for turkeys ought to work out just fine. If such is not available, I would write one of the agricultural colleges here in the states and ask about rations for broiler chickens. They could give you a formula you could mix up yourself from locally available feedstuffs. Actually, you might even be able to find some suitable feed formulations from trolling on the internet yourself.

Back
Top Bottom