carolinasculpture

Songster
10 Years
Mar 21, 2010
Hi! I am going to be out of town for a week and my "chicken sitter" is not physically able to put the feed into the feeder the way that I have it rigged up. Is there any problem with him just sprinkling the feed on the ground? It will keep them a little more busy!? Thanks!

Pet Duck Boy

Songster
10 Years
Dec 12, 2009
Orlando, FL
Can he just place the feed in a container? Like a plant basin? I would think the feed would possibly get wet on the ground and start to mold.

D'Angelo N Va.

Songster
10 Years
Dec 28, 2009
the feed will be fine on the ground. It's not like they are going to put the whold bag on the ground at once...if you got something to put the feed in or on..fine! If not Fine also.

carolinasculpture

Songster
10 Years
Mar 21, 2010
Thank you all! I think I will try to put a board down or something for him to throw most of the food onto and then he can scatter the rest in the grass. I am just afraid that if he opens the door, the girls will run out. They are quite social! Anyway, we don't have a fenced yard, there is NO way he could get a chicken back into the coop/run...and there a lot of dogs in the area. So, I will try food on a board while I am gone...then back to life as usual...at least they will have food! Thanks again!

Top Bottom