Is it okay to feed four week old button quail complete crumble?

Coconut233

Hatching
Jan 6, 2022
Hi,
I currently have 14 button quail that are on a starter crumble with 24% protein with added egg yolk powder and dried black soldier larvae for additional protein

But I will run out on my starter food in a week maybe a week and a half.

I understand there should be transition time when it come to change diet. So I should start mixing the food asap. Is it okay if I buy the complete feed now( Hudson feed game bird food 24% protein) and start the transition? I will still add egg yolk and dried larvae for extra protein.

Thank you all in advance!

Hi,
I currently have 14 button quail that are on a starter crumble with 24% protein with added egg yolk powder and dried black soldier larvae for additional protein

But I will run out on my starter food in a week maybe a week and a half.

I understand there should be transition time when it come to change diet. So I should start mixing the food asap. Is it okay if I buy the complete feed now( Hudson feed game bird food 24% protein) and start the transition? I will still add egg yolk and dried larvae for extra protein.

Thank you all in advance!
Hudson has a multiflock starter for game birds. It’s actually $10 or so less than the gamebird pellets on chewy. You could order a bag of the starter, and use it until it runs out, there’s a bit more protein, but I’ve kept them on it until 12+ weeks with no issues. The Hudson gamebird feed is pellets and 4 week old buttons cannot eat them, you will need to crush or blend them which is easy. My adult buttons can eat the pellets without any trouble. They’re actually fairly small as far as pellets are concerned imo.

Hudson has a multiflock starter for game birds. It’s actually $10 or so less than the gamebird pellets on chewy. You could order a bag of the starter, and use it until it runs out, there’s a bit more protein, but I’ve kept them on it until 12+ weeks with no issues. The Hudson gamebird feed is pellets and 4 week old buttons cannot eat them, you will need to crush or blend them which is easy. My adult buttons can eat the pellets without any trouble. They’re actually fairly small as far as pellets are concerned imo.
Thank you! I do plan on blending them until they reach adult size. I will look up the multi flock starter :D

Back
Top Bottom