Is it okay....

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by P0U1TRYP3RS0N, Feb 19, 2008.

  1. P0U1TRYP3RS0N

    P0U1TRYP3RS0N Songster

    Mar 11, 2007
    Is it okay for me to put my english lop (Ramona), the one who had the abcess removed last month, with my other bunnies now? The vet said wait a couple weeks after she went off meds to see if the abcess would come back, then it would be alright to put her near the other rabbits. He also said if it was pasteurella it would try to come back after she went off antibiotics, and it's healing (knock on wood). It's been almost two weeks since she finished her antibiotic. She lays down alot, but I think that's because of all the tissue the vet had to cut out of her leg to get rid of the abcess. She's not shown any other symptoms of pasteurella (knock on wood). I put her in with the other bunnies this afternoon. She can't stay separated from the other buns forever. It that okay? Anyone with experience with abcesses please answer![​IMG]
  2. Hmmm. I've never had a bunnie before, so I can't really help you on this one. But I'm sure that someone else will be able too though. Good luck!
  3. chickbea

    chickbea Songster

    Jan 18, 2007
    I'd put her in with them, and just keep a close eye on her, as she may have lost status and may get picked on a little bit.
    I'm glad to hear she is continuing to do well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: