is it pisslbe to ship birds to trade them??

emunk80

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 23, 2010
i got chicks form a guy this spring but ended up with all 4 being yellow golden males and i want 2 females to trade is it possible to trade them by mail??

generally speaking females are worth more than males, so you might find someone that would want two for one. Its usually best to get different genetics when you get males unless they are after them for feathers or for matching up with their females for sale as pairs..........

i will trade 2 for one and actually i got ahold of the guy i got them from finally and hes going to check in the morning he said he might be able to trade them out hopefully he can thanks though!

Here's A Link To Tell You All You Need To Know About Shipping Except Price--- Beleive You'd Rather Not Know That Part
sad.png

Shipping Live Birds (unless Day Old Chicks) Gets Pretty Expensive Real Quick...

DOH! SORRY FORGOT TO PASTE THE LINK---- HERE YA GO! https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=252071

Last edited:
You need a Horizon filtered box which generally costs about $10. Express mail shipping and the live surcharge the USPS charges generally ranges from $45-55. You could recycle the box between you but you both would incur the shipping charges. For that price you could pick up 2 locally for less than that. Most yellow goldens go for about 35-40 for a young pair at our swaps up here.

Back
Top Bottom