1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is it possible............an Aylesbury question.......

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lemoniee, Oct 18, 2009.

1. lemoniee

lemoniee Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2009
    Our 2 white aylesbury ducks are the same age as our 3 khaki campbells and the khakis have been quacking whereas the ayles have been squeaking! but mid last week their tails have started curling up like it says that girls have curly tails.....could they develop their quacks later than the khakis or do i have a problem? (as i dont want ducklings i want duck eggs so if they are boys ill have to either separate them or sell them [​IMG]......)
    any info will be appreciated [​IMG]:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumjavascript:insert_text('[​IMG]',%20'');bsup:thumbsup

2. JoshSnape

JoshSnape Chillin' With My Peeps

Males are the onece with curly tails, and khaki campbell have been breed to mature quickly so they start laying a 20 week instead of later in the case of many other ducks. Aylesbury ducks have a slower maturity period, so the meat is more tender, hope that answer your question, great choice on khaki campbells i have 3, 1 drake, 2 ducks. you can eat fertalised duck eggs.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  3. lemoniee

lemoniee Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2009
    Thanks for that Josh, think i got a bit confused about the tails!!! haahaa! that could be the reason that i saw one of the ayles nuzzling their beak into one of the female khakis neck earlier!! [​IMG]
    Ive got 3 khakis, 3 aylesburys, and 3 mallard call ducks! very noisy as you can imagine!! good "guard ducks" though!!
    thanks for the info on the khakis laying too! im expecting them to be earning their keep real soon!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by