Is it possible to buy Polish Day Old Chicks that have been sexed?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Kelly G, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

I've only looked at Ideal so far...and I can't check My Pet Chicken as they evidently aren't selling anything yet.

Is it possible to sex day old Polish Pullets? How about Houdans? I like Ideal, but if they don't offer what I want, I have no problem shopping elsewhere! I just wondered if Ideal offered only straight run because it's not possible to sex day old ones.

Thanks for your input!

2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

You can. I think its a little harder because there smaller. Sorta like bantams.

3. meezermom

meezermom Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2009
    Roy WA
    McMurray Hatchery has Polish pullets [​IMG]

4. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Mypetchicken can. I got a buff polish through them last year and she's great! They can pretty much sex everything.

Of my 17 chicks only two turned into roosters. One was a LF buff orp and the other was a freebie mille fluer that was thrown in for free.

Mypetchicken did a great job and had excellant customer service. I'm not sure when they start shipping again.

[​IMG]

5. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

MPC is going to start selling on the 23rd of this month. [​IMG] I'm ordering from them this year and the majority of my chicks will be Polish.

Polish chicks can be sexed like any other breed. McMurray and MPC sex them. Ideal does not, for some reason. Don't know what to do with all of those roos, maybe? [​IMG] I have no clue. Sad, also, because I love their color variety.

G'luck!

6. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

Yeah, me too....I don't know what I'd do with all those roos! I guess I'll be ordering from MPC next month, then!

7. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

I've heard good things about them. I'm just a little nervous because I've also heard that people have ordered all pullets and a few were sexed incorrectly. I need this 'small order policy' because we can't have many more birds and my current roo to hen ratio needs a lot of help. 3 boys and 10 girls! I'm hoping we both won't be disappointed! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by