Is it possible to sex ducklings at 3 wks. old?

chooniecat

Songster
10 Years
Mar 2, 2009
central ohio
I have a WH duck/Call drake and the 3 offspring(unintentional) they produced and don't know much about sexing ducks. Any thoughts or do I just wait for their grown up voices to tell me(I have always found vocalizations easiest for me)?Sorry for 2 identical pics-don't know how to delete.

Whether they were mistakes or not there so adorable! I know that you can vent Sex them but it's very tricky and less you know what you're doing you could hurt the ducklings there are tons of websites out there telling you how to do it but I've never tried I just wait until they start quacking. LOL. I have a eight day-old Ducklings myself and I can't wait to find out what they are

Whether they were mistakes or not there so adorable! I know that you can vent Sex them but it's very tricky and less you know what you're doing you could hurt the ducklings there are tons of websites out there telling you how to do it but I've never tried I just wait until they start quacking. LOL. I have a eight day-old Ducklings myself and I can't wait to find out what they are
Probably what I'll do. And its not important to know yet but was just curious.I curse their cuteness daily!!!!

It is definitely an addiction! I had no idea what I was getting myself into… And neither did my family LOL

My ducks have always been "rescues", in the sense that they came from situations where people didn't know what they were getting into,and have had ducks for 12 years and NEVER wanted ducklings so major oops but they will stay with me because I am the one that allowed this to happen(learned my lesson on processing ALL eggs!!!!!!)She had several clutches of eggs that were always infertile when discovered(and destroyed)and she slipped this one past me.They are a muddy mess this morning too and seeming to love it!

Back
Top Bottom