Is it respiratory?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by redrooster99, Oct 21, 2019.

1. redrooster99

redrooster99 Songster

Jun 14, 2013
    georgia
    We have some chickens we just got that sneeze. But it’s more like there’s dust in there nose. And we looked at the whole flock today and they all look like they have water coming out of there nose. It’s not terribly bad and there is no swelling of anything and all birds eat and drink fine. They act completely normal. What is it? Do I need to worry?

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Glen St Mary, Florida
    Since the whole flock may appear to have water coming out of their nose and sneezing without any other symptoms, I would question the environment where they were previously located.
    How were sanitation conditions? Was there mold or fungus in the environment, or inside coops? Was there pesticide use? Pollen?
    I hope you have the new birds a good distance away from your existing flock, if you have them.
    Personally I suspect it might be mold spores or fungal issue, or the onset of a respiratory disease, time will tell.

3. redrooster99

redrooster99 Songster

Jun 14, 2013
    georgia
    I just went and looked at them while they were roosting and there is not a single drop of mucus or discharge. All look happy and healthy no swolleness under the eyes no discharge anywhere.

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Glen St Mary, Florida
    Then perhaps it was something in the environment from their previous location. It would be best to observe them for a few days if I were you. Good luck.:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: