Is it Spring yet? It needs to be Spring!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LoneCowboy, Dec 16, 2007.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    So everybody's chickens will start laying and all us hatchaholics will have plenty of eggs. I'm getting a rather large list of breeds I want to try. [​IMG]

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

And soon you'll have the incubator to do it with!! [​IMG]

3. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    UH-OH I did not know you were supposed to wait till spring.. Our Bator is FULL!! HAHAHA Well technically it is 72 in the house so that counts as spring??? LOL

I am NOT a hataholic, I am NOT a hatchaholic .......................................................

4. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Quote:Just keep telling yourself that everytime you fill the bator! [​IMG]

5. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    HAHAHA!!! I have been!! but I still just keep filling the bator [​IMG]

6. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Oh, I don't want to wait till spring, but everybody keeps telling me they'll have eggs in the spring. [​IMG] I want Blue Jersey Giants, Welsummers, etc. Is it spring yet?

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

My incubator is shut down...hatched the last chick of this year a couple days ago. I feel like I'm forgetting to do something now that I have no eggs to check.......2 months till I start it up again. I'm already counting down the days [​IMG] I've hatched eggs on and off the last several years....but I was NEVER this bad until I joined this forum....it's all you guys fault!!!!!

8. nat2009

nat2009 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2007
    So it is better to wait until Spring? How come do they have a better chance of survival?

9. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Quote:EGGS???? I cant figure out why....but i got 11 eggs today. I only have one EE and a broody silkie that did not lay an egg. I do not have any light for them except the red heat lamp that i used for the brooder when they were chicks. So i usually get 9 or 10 every day and today i got 11. i am going to have to bring some to work to sell. I cant eat this many eggs.

10. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    72 eggs in the bator??? [​IMG] And you plan on keeping them in the house till spring, I take it???? [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Or do you have a heated brooder outside and no worry of losing power??? Too funny, but you know if I had a bator I would be doing the same thing! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by