I have finally finished the rebuild on the coop, and have it as predator proof as I can make it. It's ready for my older chicks (~16 weeks old now), but I'm wondering if it's going to be too cold at night to move them on outside. They've been in a brooder in the laundry room, so they've not been exposed to colder winter temps. It probably doesn't get below 60 degrees in there. The weather forecast is for several more days of colder temps, with the lowest nighttime temp going down to 20 this week. I hesitate to run an outdoor extension cord down to the coop to put a heat lamp in there at one end, for safety factors. If I bed them down with thick straw and pine shavings, will they be able to handle the 35+ degree difference in nighttime temps, or should I hold off a little until the lows are at least in the 30s instead of the 20s? I really want them out of the laundry room, but I don't want to shock them with too much of a temperature change. It took me longer to rebuild the coop than I originally expected, as I had to make some accommodations for my little curly toed girl who can't jump up and grab onto the roost like the other two, and the winter weather was not conducive to getting out there to finish up the work that I needed to do until this last weekend. Now the coop is ready, but we're getting another cold wintery blast before spring gets here. Any thoughts would be appreciated, as I'm really having a hard time deciding what to do! Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.