1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Is it too hot?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by pinewoodchicken, Aug 23, 2014.

1. pinewoodchicken

pinewoodchicken In the Brooder

Aug 11, 2014
    Northwest GA
    I have almost 2 week old golden laced Wyandotte, my husband made me a brooder box that can be kept in or outside. We have a screened in back porch that I was wanting to move it to. The temperature gets to be 95° during the day. Do you think it's too early to move them outside?

2. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Crowing

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    No, I think if it get's 95F days your more than fine. They will still need a heat source for the nights but it doesn't need to be much, like a 60w incandescent bulb to one end of incubator. I put mine out in spring up north at 4-5 weeks old with no heat, lows in high 30's and late spring hatches go out at 3-4 weeks.

1 person likes this.
  3. pinewoodchicken

Aug 11, 2014
    Northwest GA
    No, I think if it get's 95F days your more than fine. They will still need a heat source for the nights but it doesn't need to be much, like a 60w incandescent bulb to one end of incubator. I put mine out in spring up north at 4-5 weeks old with no heat, lows in high 30's and late spring hatches go out at 3-4 weeks.

4. pinewoodchicken

Aug 11, 2014
    Northwest GA
    okay, that is helpful! Have a good day.:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by