In the Brooder
- May 15, 2011
I decided I wanted to jump on the meat bird band wagon a little late in the year. I have an order placed for some red broilers, but they won't ship for 2 more weeks. I was wondering if I should cancel the order and wait until next spring. I didn't want to keep them confined although I do have space if I have to. I guess I was more concerned about processing 20-25 chickens in mid-late December in Indiana. We can have days in the upper 50's, but more likely to be low 40's then. Any advice? Oh and we do have a large barn that I could open a garage door to and maybe do some of the work in there. Not sure.