Is it true that Meyer isn't hatching Sultans this year?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by MidnightChickenLover, Dec 30, 2010.

1. MidnightChickenLover

MidnightChickenLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    I was really excited to find they sexed their sultans... It's what won me over. I went back to the site and it says they arn't going to hatch them this comming year, but there new2011 catalog still offers them.

2. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Oh no, I hope its not true, I was hoping to get some!

3. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Not sure; what I do know is that I ordered 3 Sultan pullets last spring (that was all I was ordering) and on the day that they were supposed to ship out, we got a call saying that this year was a poor hatch. We were told that this specific hatch was no different from the rest of the year, and that we could be put on a list for next hatch or chose another breed, or both. I said I'd like to be called if there is a better hatch but chose to pick a new breed anyway. My new order came okay, but we never got a call back from them regarding Sultans. I assumed I was never put on a list but if they have still been having issues, that could explain it.

Very sad, they offer awesome Sultans.

4. IwannaBEaMERMAID

IwannaBEaMERMAID Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2009
    Beverly Hills, CA
    That's what their site says, I was going to get sultan hatching eggs if they sold them

5. MidnightChickenLover

Jul 13, 2009
    It's confirmed.. they do not have a Sultan flock this year....
    [​IMG]

6. IwannaBEaMERMAID

IwannaBEaMERMAID Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2009
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Quote:WHY !?!?!

7. MidnightChickenLover

Jul 13, 2009
    They didn't say exactly.. just that they Just don't have any... they seemed puzzled... oh-well... I'm hoping to order a few hatching eggs from a breeder I found [​IMG]

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Someone's on the right track! [​IMG]

9. NEK38583

NEK38583 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Sparta, TN
    Cackle Hatchery has some. They usually have nice birds and reasionable prices. Their website is www.cacklehatchery.com .

10. MidnightChickenLover

Jul 13, 2009
    I've purchased some nice Blue Salmon Faverolle Bantams from Hattrick.... love them... the roosters are the first I've had to not so aggressiveness... I think Cackle is too far away... for me... thanks for the suggestion though. So I think I'm going with a Sultan breeder a few BYC members suggested... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by