is it worth it?

farmgirlforever18

Songster
9 Years
Mar 5, 2010
Dublin TEXAS
ok im really wanting lavender orps and no one around me sells them so im going to have to get shipped eggs do you think its worth it even if i only get two to hatch or should i not even bother with shipped eggs again ( first time they all were quitters)
hu.gif

Is way to hot for shipping eggs

I really not recomend shipping eggs at this time unless is colder were you are

I got some peafowl eggs and they look bad i dont think they will develop

Dont waste your money

wait until weather cools down

Perhaps,next time you incubate, you can practice on less expensive eggs. It really takes a few times to get incubating and all its variables conquered!

Then go for the special eggs!! Eggs may be the only way to get the birds you want--many breeders start this way.

Man....I hope it is cooled off by the end of August! This heat is insane. We have had 3 digit temps for what seems like months. These last several days it is even hot at night. At least last week about 7pm it was starting to cool down. My thermometer the last several days has still read in the 100's that late. My poor dog is going to bed panting!

Quote:
Only you can answer that.. are the chicks worth it to you?.. is it worth it to you if NONE hatch?.. are you willing and ready to accept the risk?

some people can justify it to themselves to invest the time and money into a hatch that may not produce any chicks or only a few.. others can not justify the cost and the time spent.. so that's something you have to ask yourself... unfortunately, we can not make that decision for you

Back
Top Bottom