1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Is it worth the money? Lyon TX6 W/AUTOMATIC EGG TURNING W/18 Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Show Me Chick, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Show Me Chick

Show Me Chick Songster

Jun 10, 2010
    I'm going to be buying my first incubator and I am considering the Lyon tx6. What do my fellow chicken lovers think? Is there a similar priced incubator that is better? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. meterman

meterman Hatching

Oct 17, 2010
    The Lyon (Marsh) TX-6 incubator is very reliable. They are kinda of pricey but are worth it in the long run. I had one of these a few years back and always had excellent results but I sold it because it was way too small for what I needed. You will find them quite durable and easy to clean compared to a styrofoam incubator. I guess what I am saying if you are serious about incubating eggs especially for the long haul then yes the TX6 is worth the money. I hope this helps.[​IMG]

3. pascopol

pascopol Songster

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Lyon bators are high quality bators, but Brinsea is just as good, less money and more capacity.

Personally I would not bother with Lyon, unless I could get it really cheap so I could add it to my bator collection.

4. luvanimals2

luvanimals2 Songster

Sep 15, 2010
    I have used the Lyon (Marsh Farms) TX6 before and they are very reliable machines and I really enjoyed them. Enough to own a few of them. I have never had a Brinsea so I cannot comment on it. So to answer your question, YES! I think it was worth every penny but that is my opinion.

Nancy

5. chickenpickens

chickenpickens Songster

Apr 27, 2010
    Fort Stockton, TX
    I have a TX7 with an automatic turner and Love, Love, Love it! I bought it on ebay and would buy a TX6 in a heartbeat.
    [​IMG]

6. Lotsapaints

Lotsapaints Songster

Mar 17, 2010
    Paso Robles, CA
    Compared to a Brinsea there is more room for the chicks when they hatch and parts are so easy to get when I get ready for a bigger one I want a Roll X......

7. hongyush2008

hongyush2008 In the Brooder

Jun 30, 2010
    shenzhen
    Quote:I think it is worth..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by