Is it worth the money? Lyon TX6 W/AUTOMATIC EGG TURNING W/18 Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Show Me Chick, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Show Me Chick

Show Me Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    I'm going to be buying my first incubator and I am considering the Lyon tx6. What do my fellow chicken lovers think? Is there a similar priced incubator that is better? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. meterman

meterman New Egg

Oct 17, 2010
    The Lyon (Marsh) TX-6 incubator is very reliable. They are kinda of pricey but are worth it in the long run. I had one of these a few years back and always had excellent results but I sold it because it was way too small for what I needed. You will find them quite durable and easy to clean compared to a styrofoam incubator. I guess what I am saying if you are serious about incubating eggs especially for the long haul then yes the TX6 is worth the money. I hope this helps.[​IMG]

3. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Lyon bators are high quality bators, but Brinsea is just as good, less money and more capacity.

Personally I would not bother with Lyon, unless I could get it really cheap so I could add it to my bator collection.

4. luvanimals2

luvanimals2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    I have used the Lyon (Marsh Farms) TX6 before and they are very reliable machines and I really enjoyed them. Enough to own a few of them. I have never had a Brinsea so I cannot comment on it. So to answer your question, YES! I think it was worth every penny but that is my opinion.

Nancy

5. chickenpickens

chickenpickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Fort Stockton, TX
    I have a TX7 with an automatic turner and Love, Love, Love it! I bought it on ebay and would buy a TX6 in a heartbeat.
    [​IMG]

6. Lotsapaints

Lotsapaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    Paso Robles, CA
    Compared to a Brinsea there is more room for the chicks when they hatch and parts are so easy to get when I get ready for a bigger one I want a Roll X......

7. hongyush2008

hongyush2008 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2010
    shenzhen
    Quote:I think it is worth..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by