1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is it's butt supposed to look like this? LOL!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Jeffross1968, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Jeffross1968

Jeffross1968 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    My Turken's are apparently not only naked necks, but naked butts. Since I've never looked really close to a different chicks behind, we had a question. One of our just hatched day olds had a pasty behind. It actually had kind of a hard plug on it's butt...blocking the vent maybe? So we soaked it in warm water for a minute, it loosened up and we wiped it off. What was left underneath, was this thing in the picture below. Basically, I thought their butts were just...I dunno...flat. This instead looks like some kind of protrusion...I don't know...is this normal??? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Impress

Impress Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Gray, TN
    Yep a chicks butt is never really experienced until you have to soak a pasty butt, then you get that glorious little vent pulsing at you. Kind of weird isn't it? It's normal.

You question: What, what?

My answer: Chicken Butt.

3. MyBlackHen

MyBlackHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Upstate New York
    LOL! [​IMG]

4. Jeffross1968

Jeffross1968 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    LOL, thanks. I thought something was trying to come out of there, like Alien or something....

[​IMG]

5. Impress

Impress Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Gray, TN
    The first time I cleaned a pasty butt, I had to call my husband over and say, "Darling, I may be wrong, but is that chicks butt talking to me?"

6. MomToTheZoo

MomToTheZoo Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2011
    Western Washington
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by