Is Jasmine a girl or a boy?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by stormylady, May 16, 2009.

1. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    I posted on chicken behavior and egg laying about another issue I had with her, but now Im wondering if she is a he for some reason, she is dominating and she is almost 14 weeks old and I noticed the other day that her nose and comb was starting to pink up. She was ordered and sent as a pullet from Ideal. What do you think, I hope she is a pullet, she isn't crowing yet but most of my boys aren't just the one but he was an early bloomer so........ Any thoughts?[​IMG] Thanks Sandy

2. lux_interior

lux_interior Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2009
    Joliet
    I'm no expert, but definitely looks like a hen!

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Looks like a pullet to me as well.

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Looks like a pullet from a distance but are the hackle feathers rounded or more pointed? If they are more pointy it could be a roo.

5. aank4

aank4 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2009
    She looks a lot like my EE pullet of a similar age. All of my girls have started to pink up a little bit, but nothing like a rooster would have by now. I say she looks like a "she" - hopefully we don't both have roos. [​IMG] (I highly doubt mine is a roo!)

6. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    I sure hope she is a girl! I don't have any boy EEs so I couldn't tell. LOL just noticed that she is super bossy with the young ones and just started to pink up. Kinda scared me alittle! LOL Thanks all, Sandy

7. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:I went out and checked and she doesn't have any pointy feathers on her neck or Saddle feathers So hopefully she is still a girl! LOL Her pattern kinda makes her look like there pointy in the pic. but when you pick the feathers up to look at them they are rounded.
    Sandy

Last edited: May 17, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by