1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is Jenny a partridge rock???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by teach1rusl, Nov 12, 2011.

1. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

This is Jenny. She is basic hatchery stock, so I know she does not have ideal attributes. But is she a partridge rock?? About 8 weeks ago I saw two different people post chick pics (pics that looked like her at that age) and they were told they were NOT partridge rocks. I don't really care what she is (although I requested a part. rock), I just want to know what chicken breeds I have.
    Jenny as a small chick:
    [​IMG]

Jenny at about 12 weeks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chest:
    [​IMG]

Back/wing:
    [​IMG]

2. hmmcc123

hmmcc123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    University Place, WA
  3. teach1rusl

That link was great hmmcc - thanks! [​IMG]

4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    She looks like my Partridge Rock..how old is she? Or did I not see that..will look again. I have a girl that is ready to lay any time now..she's taken her time, but her comb is finally looking more red than pink, and next month she will be 6 months old.

Adding, she's not a barred rock..that's for sure.. [​IMG] and I did see her age..she's pretty!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  5. hmmcc123

hmmcc123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    University Place, WA
    Quote:No prob! Hope it helped! [​IMG]

6. teach1rusl

Quote:Thanks Cynthia! [​IMG] And yes hmmcc - the pics there looked very similar to my girl [​IMG]

7. KIDDSBANTAMS

KIDDSBANTAMS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2010
    Lexington
    Yes she is, we have some and they are the most beautiful chickens. Lay beautiful eggs also.

8. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    the first set of feathers on a partridge hen look barred, but her "big girl" feathers will be better!
    Partridge Cochin pullet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. teach1rusl

farmerChef...your hen is gorgeous! [​IMG] If my Jenny ends up looking anything like that I'll be thrilled... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by