1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is Lantana poisonous to ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Knock Kneed Hen, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    My mom just called me to tell me she's taking a lone duck that a friend's other two ducks are being mean with.
    I sure hope she ends up getting her a friend. I hate seeing any animal alone, even though she'll have chickens
    and dogs nearby....just not the same IMO. Thanks!!

edited: brain not working

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  2. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
  3. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Thanks! I knew it was toxic to chickens, just didn't know if ducks were the same. I know NOTHING about ducks!! I guess the big "poultry" in the title would have given me a clue. [​IMG] I'm sorry, not all here today!!

4. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    I read to the end and it was for reptiles [​IMG] I have fed my ducks AND chickens alot on THIS list [​IMG] But all kidding aside I dont know about Lantana sorry

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  5. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    I don't know about the ducks either but I had a flock of my guineas end up in the stuff and were pecking all the seeds up off the ground and my first thought was I'm about to have 20 dead or sick guineas but all were fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by