Is Millie really Miles?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Fireflyskies, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Fireflyskies

Fireflyskies New Egg

Jun 17, 2010
    Nevada
    So, I think one of my Silkies is a boy [​IMG] What do you think? And if she is a he, is there a way to keep him without getting fertilized eggs or baby chicks? (We have two Silver Laced Wyandottes and another Silkie that I'm pretty certain is a female). If we can't keep him, any ideas on how to find him a new home?

Here's the bird in question (Millie):
    [​IMG]

And for comparison, here's our other Silkie (Petri):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  2. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    Quote:Are you saying you do NOT want fetilized eggs or chicks? If so, who do you not want fertilized eggs? They are fine as long as you collect them daily(they will not grow once int he fridge) and they do not taste any different.

3. Fireflyskies

Fireflyskies New Egg

Jun 17, 2010
    Nevada
    Right, I do NOT want fertilized eggs or baby chicks... I don't really like the idea of eating a potential baby chick if the egg was fertilized (just my personal preference).

4. kaitlyn_rae2003

kaitlyn_rae2003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    Laconia NH
    id def say thats a boy. Very handsome though! Not sure what to say about the fert egg problem, we have a roo, and its undetectable whtether the eggs are fert or not. but everyone has a preferance! Id hate to see you have to get rid of him, especially if you love the little guy! pretty boy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by