Is Miss Piggy Trying to Tell Us Something?

416bigbore

Ruffus and Big Boy
Jun 11, 2020
NC
Miss Piggy who is only 15 weeks old started doing this now for two days in a row. Our four chickens who are getting close to start laying for the first time like to sit in those two grit tubs from time to time also. It's my understanding that Mallards start to lay 17-24 weeks and larger ducks 20-30 weeks. I have nesting boxes up top in the coop for our chickens when they start, but wasn't sure if Miss Piggy is an early bloomer or not? I also keep a few plastic eggs in the nesting boxes for the chickens and noticed one had found its way into the grit tub. Not sure if that had anything with her being in there or not?

Attachments

• Miss Piggy.jpg
    Miss Piggy.jpg
    422.7 KB · Views: 9
I am in the process of making sure everyone has enough room, that's why I am going to separate our four ISA Browns from the ducks. They will be able to free range together during the day. Then for nesting and sleeping they will have their own coop at night, might save on any issues if one flock gets sick and or needs worming over the other. Just my reasons for separating them.

Back
Top Bottom