Is Monia Growing? *Pics*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Dolly1218, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Dolly1218

Dolly1218 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2012
    Colorado
    Ok well as you all probably know, my little Moncia (black) is smaller than her 2 sisters. They are now 10 days old but Monica still looks like shes only a few days. They are all supposed to be the same age and all are Runners. So here are pictures, I tried my best to get them all in it and standing the same. Your opinions are appreciated!! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Rachel (brown) is not standing all the way up

[​IMG]

2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Uh, Oh. Looks like you have a runty duck.. I had two of these... all i can say is.. not pretty. Make sure she is getting LOTS and LOTS of vitamins. Go to malwart and buy "brewers yeast" tablets, mash em up, and put it in all of their food.

I had 2, one died at 10 days old, the other died a few weeks old. Don't worry over you girl to much. I didn't have a good set up for the one that died at a few weeks old. he should have been a inside duck. mom wouldnt let me do that though. just lots, and lots of vitamins, and love. she will be ok... yours should do better then my 2...

3. EmAbTo48

EmAbTo48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Northern Wisconsin
    I think your just going to have a smaller duck does she have any other issues showing up yet? If not just see how it goes the next few weeks.

4. Dolly1218

Jan 4, 2012
    Colorado
    Well she will not put her head in water, so she is not cleaning her nose like I know she should. I hate to say this but she kind of acts slow, her sisters are very aware of their surroundings and nosies and want to explore, but she isnt/doesnt at all.

Oh no... I went to the store today to get some Brewers Yeast, but there were 5 different kinds and I was sooo confused! Which exactly is the kind to get? And what other vitamins? I had to order (because no ranch supply store carried it) nutri drench but it wont be here for another few days.....

5. EmAbTo48

Jul 9, 2011
    Northern Wisconsin
    Well I hope with some extra attention she continues to thrive!

6. Dolly1218

Jan 4, 2012
    Colorado
    I hope so too! She has not grown at all since she has been here. Im sooo worried I might lose her. She calls for me constantly if I leave the room now though. I thought it was the others but it was her. But I think they all know now if they scream loud enough I come over to them and sometimes if their lucky Ill have a treat lol. I dont know what else to do for her though..

7. EmAbTo48

Jul 9, 2011
    Northern Wisconsin
    Just don't give up on her and I bet she will make it! Lots of love :)

8. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Sadly at times failure to thrive can be a sign of something not right internally. But they can survive. I have a little disabled fellow living here- almost 2 years now that was so very tiny for so long. He has ended up not far off a full size duck.

Where did you get them from? Being three different colours it is most likely they do not all have exactly the same parents so genetics may play a small part in the size difference- although that alone would not explain the huge difference between them.

9. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN

Its a green bottle, and it has round tablets in it. If you cant find it any lwhere let me know (PM me) I will make sure you get some... It helped my last baby who was miniture. He didnt die because he was miniture, he got to cold one night...

10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    When your Nutri drench gets there start putting drops into her bill. just at the edge though so she doesn't get it into her lungs. it has niacin in it... you can also get baby parrot food and feed her some of it to help with nutritional needs. pet stores carry it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by