Is my Americana Chick a Pullet or Cockerel?

ChickenLover318

Hatching
Nov 18, 2020
Hi everyone!

I am very new to posting on this site, but I desperately need input on the gender of one of my chicks. I have done a lot of research and found some things that point to a pullet and others that point to a cockerel. This chick is an 8 week old Americana. It has always been very skirmish with humans, but somewhat dominant to other chickens. But, the comb is pale and extremely small. It is the same size as my other baby chick, same age. It has tall tail feathers, and feathers around the tail and neck that are pointy and a little droopy. I am new to this breed, so i'm not sure if this is common in Americana hens or not. It has not tried to crow yet, but it might be too early to know that for sure. I need some advice from y'all. So, please let me know what you think.

IMG_1086.jpg

Very small comb, pointy neck feathers
IMG_1088.jpg

Tall tail feathers, droopy around

Agree with all of the above Easter Egger pullet, pretty girl. EEs tails look like this and it can be deceiving but if you notice the feathers near the base of her tail are nice and rounded. Her coloring is also consistent with a female.😊

Back
Top Bottom