Is my Americauna hen Elsa really a rooster? She is crowing!!

Lmalcala

In the Brooder
May 13, 2020
Hello all,
I’m a newbie to raising chickens. We purchased all hens, but recently my 8 week old Americauna has started crowing like a rooster. HELP!!!! Is this normal or did I end up with a rooster? She is definitely the more dominant/Motherly hen. We weren’t planning on having a rooster, so I’m praying this is normal hen behavior. This post is not letting me add the video. I will try to add it to the comments

Attachments

• 0E475B06-454B-4050-BED2-9B0F054C6A01.jpeg
    0E475B06-454B-4050-BED2-9B0F054C6A01.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 77
  • 65AB6F6F-6E63-4ED1-9BA8-194838B39092.jpeg
    65AB6F6F-6E63-4ED1-9BA8-194838B39092.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 65
Hello all,
I’m a newbie to raising chickens. We purchased all hens, but recently my 8 week old Americauna has started crowing like a rooster. HELP!!!! Is this normal or did I end up with a rooster? She is definitely the more dominant/Motherly hen. We weren’t planning on having a rooster, so I’m praying this is normal hen behavior. This post is not letting me add the video. I will try to add it to the comments

Hello all,
Hi! To add a video, you have to first upload it to Youtube, then you can add it in here. I'm really not an expert on gender, but it's looking a bit like a cockerel-the comb is pretty red, and you can see the more pointy tail feathers.

Hello all,
Hello all,

A hen sometimes will crow! It is rare but possible! If there is no roo she may be taking his place as the leader. Although at that age, I bet it is either not crowing or a roo.

Hi! To add a video, you have to first upload it to Youtube, then you can add it in here. I'm really not an expert on gender, but it's looking a bit like a cockerel-the comb is pretty red, and you can see the more pointy tail feathers.

thanks so much!!

Back
Top Bottom