Is my baby chick a welsummer or Sussex?

lilrox

In the Brooder
Mar 2, 2016
Hello everyone, I recently bought 15 day old chicks and 2 were Welsummers and 3 were Sussex. The rest are breeds I can identify. I lost three of my little chipmunk chicks and now I don't know If the two that survived are Welsummers or Sussex? Can you help me? I attached a couple of pics. Thanks so much!!
[/IMG][/IMG]

Really much to soon to tell, and the red light throws the color out of whack. If you wait a few more weeks, I would suggest you post at "what breed or gender is this," where you will get many opinions.

Hi and welcome to BYC.
If you check out the Learning Centre, you'll find a whole host of resources on all things chicken.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Your state thread is worth joining as you will get to know other BYC members in your area (just type your state in the search box). In fact, the search box should become your best friend
cid:72343587-E4D5-49FE-ABD9-FC042197A8B2
Lastly but by no means least, the members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

All the best
CT

There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run. I'm not really good at identifying chick breeds. Good luck!

welcome-byc.gif

I'm inclined to guess Sussex due to the coloring on the wings but in another couple of weeks and with photos outside of the red light, that will help a lot with identification. You can post pictures over here to get the experts opinion:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Sorry for the losses, that happens sometimes with the little ones.

Thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom