1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is my baby goose attached to me?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Slidewayz240sx, May 24, 2016.

1. Slidewayz240sx

Slidewayz240sx New Egg

May 22, 2016
    So ive had him,her it, not sure yet, for a couple of weeks, maybe a month now. It gets very loud and peeps franticaly if i walk away and it cannot keep up with me or i have it locked up and cant follow or roam. If i have it and my duck outside, they will both roam around, but if i walk up and call the goose over and start walking or run away, the baby goose peeps again frantically trying to keep up and will proceed to follow me around for a few minutes until it sees something.

So what im asking is if the goose has created a bond or a attatchment towards me.

Thanks for your time.

2. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015
    If the gosling was hatched in an incubator and you (people) were the first living thing it saw, it has imprinted on you. You are its father/mother. In effect the gosling thinks it's people, not a goose.

3. Slidewayz240sx

Slidewayz240sx New Egg

May 22, 2016
    No i wasnt there when it hatched, i bought it from a feed store

4. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015
    Even so, it has imprinted on people-on you. Most likely it was incubator hatched.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by