Is My Blue Swedish Duckling Blind???

angelagpatton

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 21, 2012
Today I received my 10 ducklings ordered from Mcmurrayhatchery.com and my female Blue Swedish duckling seems to be blind... She doesn't open her eyes all the way, doesn't run, spreads her legs really wide when she walks, and doesn't seem to know when I'm reaching for her.... She just doesn't respond because I don't think she knows I'm coming. She also just sleeps and doesn't get up to eat or drink, I don't know what to do!!! help!!!!

-Angela

This morning I went to check on my no-name duck (now Lauren) and she was on her back not moving. I picked her up because I thought she had already died and just held her. She was actually still alive and I just layed with her until she died. I think she may have had neurological issues because she began to drink on her own last night, but RIP little Lauren <3

Awwww... I'm so sorry to hear this.
hit.gif
It hurts loosing a little one - no matter how long/short you had her. I read your post last night and was hoping that someone who was a more knowledgeable than me might have been able to answer your question.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom