Is my broody coming unbroody?

Ericasl

Songster
11 Years
Feb 21, 2008
The Dalles OR
I have a buff cochin who has been sitting for about 2 weeks eggs should hatch june 3 or so. Well she was not getting up at all know she is up 2 or 3 times a day for 30 mins or so. Is this ok I will just die if these eggs do not hatch. She always goes back but how long is it safe to be off the nest?

No I have food and water right there by her she does not even have to get up to reach it. I did find a very LARGE broody poo so thank goodness she got up and did that outside. She went back in her house and has not come back out. Maybe she had to go potty really bad and wanted to strech her legs??

My broody banty would "escape" occasionally when we opened the door to the coop. I would watch her for a while then put her back by the nest and she would go right back on it. I think she just wanted to visit with the other hens and stretch. It was during the last week of sitting.

Sounds like she needed to use the little girl's room. I just figure they know what they are doing and I leave them alone.
idunno.gif

Yes it is almost the last week for her June 3 the chicks should hatch! I am going crazy waiting. I feel like a kid waiting for X-mas..
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom