Is my Buff Brahma a guy or a gal?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickathon, Feb 6, 2012.

1. chickathon

chickathon Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2011
    West Virginia
    [​IMG] I have a buff brahma that hatched on june 20th. He/she is the first brahma I have owned. He/she hasn't crowed. He/she has more feather on the feet than my other one and more of a comb. My dominant roo has no problem with he/she just ignores him/her. Here is a pic.Thanks to my Daughter. I couldn't get him/her to stand still long enough. Thanks in advance for any posts. [​IMG]

2. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    That's a girl, and I'm surprised she isn't laying with that comb. She'll lay any day now if she isn't already and you've just missed them. ;)

3. chickathon

chickathon Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2011
    West Virginia
    All my chickens are brown egg layers so she might jus blend in. I haven't caught her on the nest yet. But, they all free range. My daughter was hoping roo.

4. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Definitely female. Very pretty!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  5. amillecay

amillecay Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2011
    It's a girl :) mine hatched around the same time she did and mine started laying a little bit ago right after i got rid of about nine roosters that I had been planning to get rid of and right after that I switched feeds to a laying crumble from pellets and got them some extra oyster shell they started laying right away! :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by