is my cat pregnant?

helpmeandmyb

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 17, 2014
Is my cat pregnant? My cat stella has been acting weird lately and all of the sudden she came back and was some what fatter than when she went to bed and 2 more days past and she was even fatter she is now 3× fatter than normal and her nipples are kinda pink but she is loosing hair around them .I have delt with at least 10 pregnant cat (fostering stray cats from the shelter) but she is mine and ive had her since she was a kitten she is 2 years old now she is an out door cat and no she is not fat (like from food) i dont give her alot of food only about 1 can a day for 2 years and this never ever happend (she never got fat) so can any of you cat owners help me? Thanks :)

If she is allowed even just a little bit of outdoor access and is not fixed, then she is most likely pregnant. Cats are stimulated ovulators, so basically any time they mate with a male, they are at risk of getting pregnant.

You can have her spayed now even if she is pregnant to avoid kittens. However, I would deifnitely consider checking with shelters about low cost spay/neuter clinics. Many shelters offer these programs for private pet owners and I think they are great! Otherwise, you will constantly be dealing with kittens.

Back
Top Bottom