1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is my Chick Deaf?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CascadiaRiver, Mar 4, 2016.

1. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    Okay so I was joking to my mom when I said the idea, but it made total sense. She cries SO LOUD (probably can't hear herself -_-) and I snapped, clapped, whistled and everything and she just sat in the corner of the mat on her knees half sleeping while the others panicked their unfeathered butts off.

I suppose I'll just see how she'll develop and hope shes physically strong enough to make it...

2. mustangrooster

mustangrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Hmm I don't think she's deaf...but as this stage it can be hard to tell....have you tried comforting her?

Does she feed with the other baby's? were did she come from? (as in broody hen or incubator)

Whishing you the best of luck![​IMG]

Cheers

Mustang[​IMG]

3. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    Saddly she did pass because I am pretty sure she was a runt or not strong enough :( But she did eat with everyone, and we hatched her from a incubator, and we handled them all the time, if thats what you mean by comforting. I have a feeling she may have had a issue with her legs, maybe her splay leg didn't heal all the way so she just kinda hurt,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by